By Penny Ur
This crucial direction presents a complete simple advent to instructing languages, to be used in pre-service or early event settings. it may be utilized by teams of lecturers operating with a coach, or as a self-study source. The Trainee's ebook offers all of the initiatives given by and large booklet yet with no history details, bibliographies, notes or suggestions. it truly is appropriate for these learning on a trainer-led direction, the place suggestions is instantly to be had.
Read Online or Download A Course in Language Teaching Trainee Book PDF
Similar instruction books
This significant direction presents a accomplished uncomplicated creation to educating languages, to be used in pre-service or early event settings. it may be utilized by teams of academics operating with a coach, or as a self-study source. The Trainee's ebook offers the entire initiatives given commonly publication yet with out historical past info, bibliographies, notes or recommendations.
This sequence presents introductions to the most components of English language learn. Volumes conceal elements of the heritage and constitution of the language comparable to: syntax, phonology, morphology, local and social edition, outdated English, heart English, Early glossy English and foreign Englishes. content material: 1.
«Half of the phrases are learn by means of implication. » This Tibetan announcing explains the most hassle Westerners face in studying to learn Tibetan fluently. This e-book will enable newcomers to appreciate the common sense of Tibetan grammar and syntax via graded readings and narrative factors. the massive thesaurus, that's listed by way of web page, will function a useful reference grammar for readers of Tibetan in any respect degrees.
- Wisdom, Authority and Grammar in the Seventh Century: Decoding Virgilius Maro Grammaticus
- The Languages of Native North America (Cambridge Language Surveys)
- A Dictionary of Some Tuamotuan Dialects of the Polynesian Language
- Dimensions of L2 Performance and Proficiency : Complexity, Accuracy and Fluency in SLA
- Porte Aperte
Extra resources for A Course in Language Teaching Trainee Book
2. Examples. Were enough examples provided of the structure in a meaningful context? Are you sure the students understood their meanings? 3. Terminology. Did you call the structure by its (grammar-book) name? If so, was this helpful? If not, would it have helped if you had? What other grammatical terminology was (would have been) useful? 4. Language. Was the structure explained in the students’ mother tongue, or in the target language, or in a combination of the two? Was this effective? 5. Explanation.
Reading aloud: of syllables, words, phrases, sentences. – Discrimination (1): prepare a set of ‘minimal pairs’ – pairs of words which differ from each other in one sound–letter combination (such as dip–deep in English). Either ask learners to read them aloud, taking care to discriminate, or read them aloud yourself, and ask students to write them down. ). – Prediction (1): provide a set of letter combinations, which are parts of words the learners know. How would the learners expect them to be pronounced?
6. What further ideas do you have for getting learners to improve their pronunciation of the items you have found? ) 18 Improving learners’ pronunciation Unit Three: Improving learners’ pronunciation Inquiry Ask a group of learners whether they want to achieve a ‘perfect’ native accent or not. If they say no, ﬁnd out whether this is only because they think it is impossible, or because they genuinely do not see it as a desirable objective. Question 1 Consider some foreign language learners with whom you are familiar – preferably your own students – whose mother tongue you also know.